@Cynthia's Blog

I think, along with brunch and naps, tapas will be mandatory when I rule the world.

Monday, September 13, 2004

I say, "Suffer, Bitch! Suffer!"

I was watch the Style Network all weekend and, this being Fashion Week in Bryant Park, NYC, there were lots of shows about the fashion shows. I had two favorites: the first included a blooper reel of models falling off their shoes on the catwalk. Now, these girls get paid beaucoup bucks to try to sell me on wearing 5-inch heels when I have to walk to work, I jaywalk, I outrun tourists, jete over puddles and negotiate potholes and cracks in the sidewalk, but these twits can't even walk a straight line! I want my money back!

The other has film clips of models in their down time. More than one stated that she wears no makeup, dresses down, hates heels and wears sneakers. After I finished screaming "Suffer, Bitch! Suffer! Wear the shoes! I dare you!" I had to admit to myself that these were not the bitchy models and they seemed rather sweet and almost apologetic about their comfortable attire.

So if I say I'm going to start dressing like a model...