@Cynthia's Blog

I think, along with brunch and naps, tapas will be mandatory when I rule the world.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Help! We're being invaded by Republicans!

There was a bomb scare a block away from my office this afternoon, so we all crowded into the corner office and looked at all the hub-bub and pointed at the guy in the bomb squad costume (Fiona is our Emergency Services Fashion Expert) and made jokes about kamikaze pigens.

Aside from that, the convention really hasn't gotten on my nerves as I feared it could. I guess only the nice republicans or anarchists or whatever come over to 9th Avenue (I hope they're having a nice dinner at The Nook), so it's really just a matter of no cars being allowed to park on the street. There are cops on every street corner, but they are ineffectual: jaywalking is rampant (Hmm... must be the anarchists).