@Cynthia's Blog

I think, along with brunch and naps, tapas will be mandatory when I rule the world.

Sunday, October 05, 2003

You know what it’s like, when a three-year-old makes up a game? And you have to do it overandoverandoverandoverandover again, as your hair gets grayer and grayer? And you lose a day off your life span with each repetition? Well, my darling great-niece Jaelyn made up a game. And I swear it was her idea, not mine. Really. You must believe that before you read on.

She and I had been playing in Grandma’s bedroom. She decided to roll off the bed, then went over to the door. She reached up in her tippy-toes and, stretching wa-a-a-ay up as far as she could, she flipped off the light. “Go to sleep!” she commanded as she closed the door tight. I heard her toddle into the living room and announce to her Auntie and Grandma, “Aunt Cynthia’s asleep!”

No wonder I love that child.