@Cynthia's Blog

I think, along with brunch and naps, tapas will be mandatory when I rule the world.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

[As an aside, I suppose I should admit that another one of my resolutions was to get out of the house every twice in a while, and so I'm exploring neighborhood places to hang out.]

So I went across the street to Vintage this evening for a beverage and snack. I ordered the broccoli rabe pizza (which my waitperson bragged was her invention -- and I must say it was very tasty); the drink "menu" was rather intimidating: it was a book. Not War and Peace, mind you, but surely it contained more intellectual meat than Paris Hilton's recent tome. I ordered the Lucy in the Skyy with Diamonds simply because I liked its name (I liked a lot of the names. Am I going to have to try all of them? I guess I have a lot of drinking to do.) It turns out that my drink had a commercial sponsor: TLC's What Not To Wear. Really! There was a logo on the glass and everything. Too bad it didn't come with $5,000 and two fashion stylists, like on the TV show.