@Cynthia's Blog

I think, along with brunch and naps, tapas will be mandatory when I rule the world.

Friday, December 17, 2004

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

It’s strange how a nine-year-old’s flight of fancy still dabs a rosy tint on my outlook on Growing Older.

Somewhere way back when I was 8, 9, 10, 11-ish, I learned about Prime Numbers. Immediately, I liked Prime Numbers. I liked the fact that a huge subset of smart people—mathematicians—bothered to name such a phenomenon. To this day, I have no idea what one does with such information

Wait. That’s a lie. I have no idea what mathematicians do with this information. But, as for me, this is what I've done with it: I way back then came up with the idea that my Prime Number years were going to be the best individual years of my life. The prime of my life. 11, 13, 17, 19... 37, 41, 43...

And so, today is my 47th birthday. 47 is a Prime Number. And, even if for no other reason, I’m looking forward to a great year.