Mary came over this afternoon.
We have to come up with a name other than "Brunch," though. I was cooking, she was sewing toeshoes, the TV was on, and we each took prolonged but separate calls from the same person. I needed to tidy up my apartment a bit, but I know I would probably not have done so if I wasn't expecting company. So we each got some of our "bumping around the apartment by myself on a Sunday afternoon" tasks done, but we can both claim to have spent the afternoon indulging in the emotionally enriching social interaction that makes life worthwhile. (Okay, maybe I went too far with that one.)
So anyway, what do you call that? If I had a name for it, I could send out e-vites next time and you could bring your mending or your reading or your journal or even some stuff to be hand washed in the bathroom sink.

<< Home