@Cynthia's Blog

I think, along with brunch and naps, tapas will be mandatory when I rule the world.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

The neurologist told me (in his best "I'll put this in civilian terms" -- totally unnecessary for me--voice) that I have "funny little white spots" in my brain MRI, and that I need to have another MRI "with contrast" (dye) to see if the funny little white spots glow (glowing is bad). So he sent me home with appointments for an MRI with contrast, a followup with him, and about a dozen 16 x 20 films of my brain. (What am I supposed to do with them? Can I frame them? Should I go to B&H Photo and buy them an archive box to preserve them?)

So I get home and I see that the MRI came with a written report that calls the "funny little white spots" "multiple discrete foci of abnormal signal ... while nonspecific, the findings are compatible with the clinical suspicion of demyelinating disease." Demyelinating disease has a couple of common names, one of which is multiple sclerosis.

So I am not a happy camper. But what can I do about it right now? Uhm, well, I've given up jaywalking (in midtown, anyway) for fear of having a dizzy spell in the path of speeding taxicab. Hmm. Well, that's something. Other than that, for right now, I'm buying the expensive vodka.