@Cynthia's Blog

I think, along with brunch and naps, tapas will be mandatory when I rule the world.

Monday, February 02, 2004

Monday Night at My House
e-mail from Bart: "Howdy!! I just came back from blowing too much money shopping with Marco and Dana!! I feel so exhilarated!! Shopping is healing. Anywho, so we're going with the Thai Coconut Chicken Soup? I have chicken. I'll pick up some chicken stock, coconut milk, and fish sauce at Eli's. Will the Amish market have that too??? We can definitely get all the produce there. I'm just thinking the recipe is missing a pinch of curry too. I can't wait to see you tonight. Today has been a beautiful and dreamy day to me. I'm glad it's going to carry on into the night. Tomorrow, I think I may have to buy some shoes to help me deal with the depression of my off day being over with... Smooches, -B"

I respond: "I've got curry. I'm pretty sure the Amish Market will have everything we need. If it doesn't, then we fake it. What do the people in Bangkok do when they run out of fish sauce? Starve?"

Then Bart writes: "I couldn't follow this email, because the city name 'Bangkok' always makes my imagination run wild. No adlibbing!!!! j/k :)"

We ordered in.