@Cynthia's Blog

I think, along with brunch and naps, tapas will be mandatory when I rule the world.

Thursday, January 15, 2004

I think I've just had a flashback to a past I never had.

Temperature outside has been below 10 degrees all day. The weekend weatherman told us to wear glasses to cut down the wind-chill on our eyes. He did not tell us that, between the glasses and the scarf over one's nose, one's exhalations are directed directly upward towards said glasses, completely fogging them up. Now, I have a sense of humor, so I think it's kinda funny, trudging across 49th Street dressed like the Abominable Snowbroad, eyes hidden behind foggy sunglasses. But what's even cooler is fogging my glasses up at night: gives all the street lights and traffic headlights a rainbow halo -- and if they're close together, the halos blend together to become an oblong rainbow.

Wow. Psychedelic. (But do the math: I was only nine years old during the Summer of Love.)